Questions to Ask a Troubled Teen Program
Ask Our Admissions Team - Call Zion Educational Services 1-866-471-8579
At Zion Educational Systems, we encourage parents to ask our admissions personnel as well as themselves some very important questions before placing their child in a residential treatment facility or therapeutic school. We care about offering superb clinical programs that provide the best possible results for our students.
When parents are considering looking for a residential treatment program for a struggling teenager, the decision is usually a difficult one. We offer many therapeutic options but, before choosing a facility, it is necessary to ask some important questions, please call 866-471-8579.
Parents should take a proactive approach to research the facilities they are considering for the placement of their child. The Federal Trade Commission has made an effort to help parents make the right decisions for their teenagers and has written a publication with15 questions to ask a representative of the residential treatment facility.
After helping parents for so many years, we thought of a few other questions you should ask an admission counselor when considering a program.
Questions a Parent should Ask When Choosing A Troubled Teen Program
There are many options to help troubled teens in the United States. It is difficult to provide answer to these questions without knowing your specific circumstances and the program or school that will work best for your child. We recommend you Print this list and keep it handy when you speak to therapeutic boarding schools and residential treatment centers.
- Are you licensed by the state?
- Do you provide an academic curriculum?
- What about accreditation? Who accredited the program and how long ago?
- Do you have a clinical director?
- What are his/her credentials?
- What are the credentials of the staff, counselors, and therapists, who will be working with my child?
- How experienced is your staff?
- Have they worked at other residential treatment programs?
- Do you conduct background checks on your employees?
- What are the criteria for admission?
- Do you conduct a pre-admission assessment?
- Who conducts them?
- Will you provide an individualized program with a detailed explanation of the therapies that will address my child’s needs?
- How do you handle medical issues like illness or injury? Is there a nurse or doctor on the premises? Will you contact me?
- Will I be notified if there is a change in treatment or medication?
- How do you define success? What is your success rate?
- How do you discipline?
- Can I contact my child when I want?
- Can my child contact me when he/she wants?
- What are the costs? What do they cover?
- What is your refund policy if the program doesn’t work out?
- Do you have relationships with companies and individuals that provide educational and referral services?
- Parents, the safety and transparency of the school you are interested in is one of the most important things to consider.
The Most Frequently Asked Questions by Parents
Exploring residential treatment centers, therapeutic boarding schools and other services can be overwhelming during times of distress. Below are some of the most common questions for parents to ask who are researching types of treatment for issues, disorders, and behaviors of troubled teens today.
The answers vary by program. What we learned over the years is that while the symptoms and struggles for teenagers are often similar, each child is unique and how the family deals with the situation depend on the family’s values and financial ability. We encourage you to reach out to our family consultants to get the answers to these questions for your family.
How much will tuition cost?
Does the school provide financing options?
Where is the program located?
What types of students is the program prepared to serve?
Is the program accredited?
Will my child be working with qualified and licensed professionals?
How long will my child need to stay at the facility?
What types of therapeutic services will my child receive?
How will the program meet my child’s academic needs?
What is a typical day like for facility students?
How can I learn more about my options?
We encourage you to print these questions as a reference you can use when speaking to an admissions counselor, an educational consultant, or other residential treatment center or troubled teens program representative. Click one of the buttons below to print, email, save or share these questions.
Seven things parents need to know before sending your teenager to a therapeutic boarding school
- MOST times students admitted to our schools are not happy to be here.
- STUDENTS may be brought by an escort or transportation service.
- Parents place students directly or with assistance from clinical professionals, educational consultants, or school districts.
- Our objective is to return our students to their families with the developed skills and attitudes that give them the ability to succeed.
- We share the common goal of wanting your child to succeed for the sake of your family and your child’s future.
- We understand your feelings of worry, loss of control, and uncertainty for the future.
- Our highly qualified program staff has been trained on how to help you through this difficult time.
We hope to be of assistance and support to you throughout the therapeutic process.
At Zion Educational Systems, we care about offering superb clinical programs that provide the best possible results for our students. If you are a parent and think you have exhausted intervention alternatives for your troubled teen, you may be considering a private boarding school program.