At The Crossroads - Young Adults Transitional Living Program
At The Crossroads is a transitional living program for struggling young adults who are having difficulty transitioning out of the teen years and into adulthood. Substance abuse, lack of motivation, unable to get a job or keep it, failing out of school, and heading no where in life. For immediate assistance with the enrollment into At The Crossroads call 866-439-0534.
At The Crossroads helps struggling young adults (ages 18-25) become successful by teaching the values and skilled necessary to live independently in the real world. While at Crossroads, students attend school, go to work, receive life skills training while living in a structured environment in one of our four adjoining, three-bedroom homes located in Southern Utah
Every student is unique
We realize that there are many pathways an individual can choose in life. Our Program guides each student down a Pathway that will lead to success. The path for each student is tailored to meet their individual needs, interests and goals.
While at Crossroads students work daily to advance through “Pathways” that help them experience success as they gain valuable experience in becoming a well-balanced, independent adult. Each of the Pathways is separated into three steps. As students implement action plans and achieve goals, they advance through the steps for each Pathway.
Students start each Pathway focusing on taking care of their basic needs, then begin looking outside themselves and eventually advance to become leaders and examples to others. Each Pathway step includes higher expectations of the student, increased independence and reduced frequency of monitoring. The program is designed for students to move through all of the Pathways over an eight to twelve month period.
The Pathways to Independence
• Students attend local college, university or trade
• GED option available
• Staff monitoring of academic performance
• Home improvement training and work projects
• Expert assistance in resume development
• Mock interviews and feedback from local business
• Staff monitoring of job performance
• Personal financial training (budgeting, banking, checking, savings, etc.)
• Financial and budget monitoring
• Understanding and improving individual credit
The Pathways to Healthy Living Diet and Exercise
• Gym membership and Personal Fitness Program
• Cooking and nutrition classes
• Obtaining of Food handlers permit
• Meal preparation
• Regular Drug Testing
• Learn to Set and Achieve Goals
• Franklin-Covey “FOCUS” System
• Identifying personal values
• Regular goal reviews
• Updates to family on progress
The Pathways to Spiritual Awareness - Connection with a higher power
• Daily devotionals
• Attendance at Sabbath/Religious services of their choice.
• Identification of personal values
• Weekly M&M's (Meal and Meeting)
Charity through Service
• Regular Local Area Service Projects
• Senior students help locate, plan and coordinate service
• Leadership project